Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sweep the Leg

Admittedly, I am stuck in the 80's.  Music, clothes, cars, T.V. shows, movies...you name it.  Whatever happens in my life, I relate the current event with an event that happened in the 80's.  A month or so back I tweaked my knee doing a Crossfit WOD called "Cindy".  My knee continues to ache with a tinge of soreness.  Which brings me to the 80's.  Who doesn't love The Karate Kid?  All the while my knee aches, resonating in my ear is "Sweep the leg".  Where is Mr. Miagi when you need him?  Can he work his clapping magic on my knee just 8 weeks before Victory 400? 
Two weeks after the 50k, my recovery feels good.  Despite the fact that I've been moving my family back down to San Antonio these past two weeks, my kids are on their farewell tour of Cedar Park, work calls and I now consider my wife a girlfriend from another town....well, all is great. Training is picking up this week.  Somewhere in the world, a Soldier is taking care of mi familia.  For the Warriors.  Now....Sweep the leg.


No comments:

Post a Comment