Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle: Please put your shirt on?

Training is back on track for Victory 400.  Although my knee remains pesty, all is well.  I varied my 3 a-week run workouts.  I implemented my self-imposed "Top-Off" at the end of my 400 repeats on Tuesday.  What that means is on my last 400 I kept going to make it an 800.  Just when you think you are through the wall you have to reach down into your empty tank and run on fumes.  I'm back in the saddle folks. 
Victory 400 is weeks away.  Can I start today please?
I spent Saturday and early Sunday morning in Las Vegas.  For what you ask?  An 80's concert.  A night of eight one-hit wonder 80's bands packaged together in one night of nostalgia.  The show went off without a hitch.  Who knew that the real "ruckus" was in the Mandalay Bay cardio room.  Prior to my flight Sunday morning, I headed over to the cardio room to get in a quick WOD.  Indeed a WOD of my own creation.  Nothing serious:  25 push-ups, sit-ups, air squats, burpees and 1 mile, 3 RFT.  Just before my first mile on the high-speed treadmill I removed my shirt.  I fit in nicely.  A few ladies had on their Nike sport tops and the view of folks walking out to the pool left my imagination flying.  This is Vegas baby.  No sooner than a few minutes into my first mile a gym attendant approached my treadmill and stated I had to put my shirt back on.  I complied.  After I stepped off the treadmill I paced the gym only to see through the glass doors vixens sporting their...um...bathing suits. 

Last weeks workouts:

- 8x400 with a 400 "top off":
- Hereo WOD "Daniel" scaled to 85 pounds
- Stength and conditioning with Coach Wes x 2
- 3 mile time trial, all effort:  19:27
- Sunday morning WOD at Mandalay Bay in Vegas



                                                                   The Mandalay Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment